- Symptoms vary with casual agents.
- Aboveground mushroom and puff ball basidiocarps may or may not occur.
- Typically has outer rings that are either dark-green or brown in color.
- Shape and size of the rings vary, depending on the species.
- Activity in turf ceases when the individual rings come in contact with each other.
- Some casual agents form fruiting bodies, but not rings and vice versa.
Conditions Favoring Disease:
- Typically occurs in the summer.
- Can also occur on cool-season turfgrass in mild winter climates.